Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Techno Tip - Making Movies in Class?

I been shooting videos of various sorts in my classroom the last few years, using my iPhone and now the iPad2 since it has camera capabilities.  In general, you can hold when its appropriate, but often you want it just to stand there by itself.  I'd like to recommend a solution for each that I personally have found to be well worth their investments.

For the iPhone, they make a tripod mount you can find all over Ebay for under $10.  Get one!  I use it with my iPhone when I want to make normal movie or time-lapse movies.  Here is a basic review of one to watch on Youtube.



The for the iPad2, there are all kinds of cases you can buy to make it stand/lean.  However, those usually have 1 or 2 angles and that is it.  Joby, of the GorillaPod fame (the tripod that can grab that is popular with photographers) came out with a case that has two gorillapod style legs on it.  Because of their flexibility, you can get any angle or orientation you desire.  You can even hang your iPad2 on things and record video.

Let us take a look:
The Joby site for more information

I own and use both products - great investments! Good News - No Batteries Required!

No comments:

Post a Comment