Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Intro to me and Whole Brain Teaching

My name is Alvin Moses, I have been teaching science for the last 8 years and been using technology in my classroom since the start.

I just started a Master’s of Education program in Instructional Technology, to take my classroom to the top!


I also started using the WholeBrainTeaching teaching techniques with my classes for the first time this year, and I think it one of the greatest things I’ve done to enhance the student experience in my classroom. A quick search on YOUTUBE for “Power Teaching”, it’s former name, you’ll see many an example. To see my class, after only 8 days check out the video below:


For more info please visit www.wholebrainteaching.com

2 comments:

  1. A Moses. I think the whole brain approach is great. I love how engaged the students are in the learning. It is research based appropriate practice to engage the whole child. However, I really love how you posted the videos for us to explore. It made me what to see more. I have never actually seen this in action, so it was great to see video modeling for this type of teaching. It is also research based practice to model what we expect our students to do before allowing guided practice or individual practice. By posting the videos I was able to watch it being done by someone else before I attempt to do it in my classroom. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard about this type of teaching, but never seen it in action. Your video gave me a clear understanding of Whole Brain Teaching.
    One of my favorite people is Eric Jensen. I love reading his brain research. I looked at his website after watching your video. This type of teaching goes very well with his research on the brain. He states that "Humans have a natural craving for positive feelings, including novelty" (Jensen, 2010). The arm movements are novelty that the brain pays attention to.

    I really like this post. Thanks!

    Jensen, E. (2010). Principles of Brain Based Learning. Retrieved from http://www.jensenlearning.com/principles.php

    ReplyDelete